Accredited distance education in theology received a boost with the arrival of ICAATS accredited institutions where quality withut compromise was available.
The International Council For Alternate And Theological Studies (ICAATS) is an Indian NGO, which had an informal beginning in 1947 and since then it has been involved as an NGO in informal encouragement of theological studies within India. What is more, several institutions outside India have also been guided and monitored by them for quality theological education.
Documents were submitted by ICAATS related people for Government Approval in 2003, and after the due course of examination such an approval was granted on 15th December according to the laws of the State and Central Government of India. The approval was given by the registering authority of the Central and state governments.
Through this approval, ICAATS has been permitted by the Government of India to play a deciding role in the development and accreditation of theological courses which do not come under the preview of University Grants Commission.
This approval by the Government of India is in accordance with the Constitution of India, which in the 29th and 30th Articles grants special rights to the Minority Groups in India. This includes the right of Christians to establish, run, and accredit courses devoted to Christian Theology.
ICAATS is also authorized to accredit theological studies outside India in keeping with the international character of the Christian community. [With thanks from the ICAATS website] See Also How Was ICAATS Born
Other Lessons in ZoneArchive
- Free Time, Free Learning - How to Transform Leisure into Opportunity with Free Courses
- Why Your Free Time is the Best Time to Embark on Free Courses
- The Future of Theological Education - An Overview of Free MTh Programs
- Navigating Online Education - Top Free MTh Courses Available
- Exploring Free Master of Theology (MTh) Programs - A Comprehensive Guide
- Religion, Culture, and Dialogue - Perspectives in Global Theology
- Christology in the Postmodern Context - Challenges and Perspectives
- Cloning--Problem or Solution?
- NEANDERTHALS DNA
- Evolution/Creation Free Course
- CAVE MEN OR CAVE APES?
- (Free Course) Children: Are They People Or Things ?
- Free Bible Course: Joshua -- Did The Sun Stand Still ?
- Free Course: Radio Carbon Dating
- Free Course: Questionable Medical Practices
- Free Course: Influence of the World
- Free Personality Courese: Preventive Family Discipline
- Free Course: Your Ambition, Your Mental Health!
- Free Course: Science, Superstition, and Faith
- Free Course: Disciplining Christian Children
- Free Courses: Bible Difficulties And Bible Translations
- Free Courses: Science in Job
- Free Courses: ABC of Chemical Evolution
- Free Course: Chemical Evolution
- More Loyal Than The King Himself!